Folks instinctively know that hiring managers wish to rent skinny individuals. However a brand new survey from Resume Builder discovered that 42 p.c of underweight individuals really feel that they’ve been discriminated towards due to their weight.
Add to that; this survey discovered that
- 71 p.c of overweight individuals say they’ve skilled weight discrimination.
- 53 p.c of chubby individuals say they’ve skilled weight discrimination.
- 23 p.c of respondents say they ‘positively’ or ‘most likely’ confronted discrimination within the
office due to their perceived engaging or unattractive bodily look.
- 64 p.c of males who self-identified as ‘considerably’ or ‘very’ unattractive say they confronted discrimination
- 47 p.c of girls who self-identified as ‘considerably’ or ‘very’ unattractive say they’ve been discriminated towards
- 12 p.c of all respondents say they’ve ‘positively’ or ‘most likely’ confronted top
discrimination. Males had been extra prone to say that they had confronted top discrimination.
- 36 p.c of respondents general say they’ve been discriminated towards due to weight, top, or attractiveness.
So fats individuals face discrimination, skinny individuals face discrimination, unattractive individuals face discrimination, and people who find themselves not the proper top (no matter that’s?) face discrimination.
What does this actually imply?
to maintain studying, click on right here: Survey: Too Fats? Too Skinny? Not Employed