Labor launched the Honest Work Laws Modification (Defending Employee Entitlements) Invoice 2023 (PWE Invoice) into Parliament yesterday. The PWE Invoice accommodates the second tranche of amendments to the Honest Work system.
We now have put collectively a abstract of the modifications proposed to the Honest Work Act and associated laws that addresses the next:
- making modifications to unpaid parental go away within the Nationwide Employment Requirements (NES) to extend flexibility;
- together with superannuation into the NES;
- clarifying the operation of an earlier enterprise settlement when a office dedication is made;
- offering larger certainty that migrant employees (together with momentary migrant employees) have entry to the protections below the Honest Work Act;
- permitting permitted deductions principally for the worker’s profit on a number of events or on an ongoing foundation in sure circumstances; and
- making modifications to the lengthy service go away scheme within the black coal mining trade to profit informal workers.
Click on right here to entry our abstract of the PWE Invoice.
This text was ready by Wendy Fauvel, Accomplice, and Grace Hicks, Solicitor.
For extra info or recommendation on the influence of those modifications, please contact: