This month’s replace covers the next:
- a latest Singapore case the place the courtroom handled an enchantment towards damages for the non-delivery of shares granted to staff as a part of an incentive scheme. The courtroom thought-about whether or not termination of employment might deprive an worker of their unvested shares, despite the fact that the termination was solely days away from the vesting of the shares and from a change of management occasion which might have accelerated the vesting. Click on right here for a abstract of the case.
- over in Mainland China, a number of employment guiding circumstances issued by native courts in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong and Jiangsu, can provide useful perception into the courts’ resolution making course of in future circumstances. Click on right here for extra particulars.
- our Compliance Verify focusses on Taiwan and appears at a latest WFH guideline issued by the Division of Labour in Taipei which reminds employers of their obligations to take care of attendance information even whereas staff WFH and of staff’ proper to disconnect.
- in Indonesia, a brand new regulation on wage and hour reductions supplies price saving measures for employers in labour intensive and export-oriented industries. However there’s a catch – consent from staff is required. To search out out extra, click on right here.
- our Asia comparative article zooms in on a number of key points in finishing up redundancies throughout Singapore, Thailand, Mainland China and Indonesia.