Episode 154 is dwell! This week, we discuss with Amy Wrzesniewski in New Haven, CT. Amy is a professor of organizational conduct on the College of Administration at Yale College. Her analysis pursuits concentrate on how folks make which means of their work in troublesome contexts, together with stigmatized occupations, digital work, and the absence of labor. She additionally researches the expertise of labor as a job, profession, or calling. Her present analysis entails finding out how staff form their interactions and relationships with others within the office to vary each their work identification and the which means of the job. She teaches each on managing teams and groups, and world digital groups.
On at this time’s episode, Amy shares:
- The tie between goal and which means in work
- How intently our profession is tied to our identification
- Why we might remorse our occupational selections mid-career
- Whether or not or not having goal at work can enhance your success
- A typical mistake job seekers make
- The affect of unemployment on our identification
Hear and be taught extra! You’ll be able to play the podcast right here, or obtain it on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher.
Because of everybody for listening! And, thanks to those that despatched me questions. You’ll be able to ship your inquiries to Angela@CopelandCoaching.com. You may also ship me questions through Twitter. I’m @CopelandCoach. And, on Fb, I’m Copeland Teaching.
Don’t overlook to assist me out. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and depart me a evaluate!